[FFmpeg-user] How to set 3 specific metadata flags (ITU601/displayoffset) in FFmpegs IMX50 MXF-OP1a encoding?

Christoph Gerstbauer christophgerstbauer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 16:48:23 CET 2015

> Shame, don't understand the qmax issue. but if you look at:-
>
> tests/lavf_regression.sh line 90
>
> you will see an IMX30 example which uses -qmax 12 and my other other
> parameters. However not sure what difference closed/open gop makes on I
> frame only, but being purist I can see how you might want to set closed
> gop! S356m makes no reference to it that I can see.
>
> Looks like we might need a patch for what you want.

In fact, the most important metadata flag is the

display y offset = 32 (high priority for patching, if possible)

Without it, some programs like GRass Valley Edius misinterpret the IMX files -> the VBI area is shown in the editing window:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26129407/FFMPEGIMX.png
Adobe premiere does not care about that, it always displays it correct.

I tested the same GRASS VALLEY programm with a carbon generated IMX file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26129407/CARBONIMX.png
It works.

Best Regards
Christoph