[FFmpeg-user] How to discard probed data

Massimo Battistel battistel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 18:09:03 CET 2015

Hello,
I would like to know if it possible for ffmpeg to discard probed data
instead of sending it very quickly after probing ends.
Default behaviour is not really good when input is a stream (with own rate)
that needs to be restreamed.

In my case it takes ~5sec to probe data, then it bursts ~145 frames in
about half a second causing stream receiver to drop data with bad artifacts.

Some additional hints:
1. I can't reduce -probesize because input stream might have high bitrate.
2. I can't use "-re" option because I want to keep original input rate.

Thanks a lot,
MB