[FFmpeg-user] teletext subttitle conversion

BB bbutscheidt at yahoo.de
Tue Mar 31 08:26:30 CEST 2015

On 30/03/15 21:52, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> BB <bbutscheidt-at-yahoo.de <at> ffmpeg.org> writes:
>
>> The only thing I know to add is that the only
>> text-based codec which seem to work for
>> mp4-output is "mov_text".
> Unfortunately, some / many players will not show
> the subtitles;-(
> This may be fixed in GSoC, I at least hope so!

GSoC=Google Summer of Code ?!

I saw the subtitle displayed o.k in mpv, vlc shows them, but too small and I can't figure out why yet. Xine plays the resulting file without subtitle and audio video out of sync ...
Is there any possibility known to use another subtitle codec? The mkv-container would be useful, but in half of my tries conversion from ts to mkv fails with audio/video using codec copy. I found many hints to this but to my knwoledge it is still a game of luck.

> Unrelated: --enable-postproc ...
> The default for --prefix is /usr
> --enable-version3 ...note that it has unusual license implication iirc.
> Are you sure about --enable-pic?

Yes, these options results from fooling around with other problems, besides from "prefix" to preserve the ffmpeg supplied by my linux distribution in some rare cases I just forgot to remove them long ago.

Kind regards
Bernd B.