[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg-user question

Sarah Houben sarahhouben at outlook.com
Mon May 4 15:03:23 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am trying to crop and convert mpeg yuv240-videos to grayscale RAW.
However I am having problems with the converting to grayscale. The videos are cropped and converted as Iwould like them, but for some reason the videos also are cut to approx. 4 seconds of length instead of the 5 minutes. This had not happened until I added the "-pix_fmt gray" command.
I would be very grateful for any help!

ffmpeg -i G_*.mpg -vf crop=76:44:256:12 cropped1.MPG
#convert the video to a suitable fileformat for imageJ
ffmpeg -i cropped1.MPG -t 00:05:00 -r 15 -an -vcodec rawvideo -pix_fmt gray P.avi
rm cropped1.MPG

Thank you,
Sarah