[FFmpeg-user] ffprobe -show_frames values

Werner Robitza werner.robitza at gmail.com
Tue May 5 16:02:32 CEST 2015

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 12:05 AM, Joel Lopez <badassmexican at gmail.com> wrote:
> Should I re-encode these videos or could they still work?  I saw that it's
> be possible to force keyframes on an existing video.

You need to re-encode them with either the force_key_frames option, or
by setting the keyframe interval for your encoder, and disabling scene
cut detection. For x264 this would be keyint=120:scenecut=-1 if you
want a keyframe every 5 seconds for a 24 fps video. That's what's
typically done.

Please don't top-post on this mailing list; your reply should be below
mine. Thanks.