[FFmpeg-user] Conform framerate with ffmpeg

Carles Vila cvilad at gmail.com
Fri May 15 16:28:21 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I often use Cinema Tools (part of Final Cut Studio) to conform ProRes
videos between 25 fps, 24 fps and 23,98 fps.
As you may know, "conforming" is the process of changing the playback speed
only by changing info in the file header (no transcoding)

I have two questions:
1. For some reason, I think it's the codec identifier, videos that I have
encoded to ProRes with ffmpeg can't be conformed with Cinema Tools. The
option is grayed out
Is there any workaround for that?
2. Is there a way to conform a ProRes file directly with ffmpeg? All audio
channels playback sample rate should also be modified accordingly.

Example:
Source video: 24 fps, 48 kHz, duration 100 min
Conformed video: 25 fps, 50kHz, duration 96 min

Thank You!
Carles