[FFmpeg-user] Text on multiple lines

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon May 18 11:57:02 CEST 2015

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 11:53:04 +0200, Moritz Barsnick wrote:
> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 11:49:04 +0200, lorenzo angeli wrote:
> > I'm not sure how to break a line (being just text ), rather than with \r or
> > \n.
> > I've been trying all sort of thing but without success. Wouldn't be
> > possible to have the draw text able to understand these common delimiters?
>
> Python should be able to place verbatin newlines (probably encoded with
> "\n")  into string variables. Those variables are then passed to the
> system() call (or its equivalent in python).

Trying to recall my python courses, there are many ways to execute a
system program. But at least here's a proff of concept for you:

>>> from subprocess import call
>>> a = "Hello,\nworld"
>>> call(["echo", a])
Hello,
world
0

So, as I wrote, just insert the newline as "\n" into the string
argument.

Moritz