[FFmpeg-user] Integration of ffmpeg with Haswell

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon May 18 12:43:12 CEST 2015

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 12:10:47 +0200, Moritz Barsnick wrote:
> If you really have the need for testing the hardware acceleration, I
> believe you must google your way through those paths of integrating.
> Otherwise, just use plain ffmpeg.

Actually, my bad. Support is already integrated into ffmpeg. It appears
that, at the presence of the Media SDK (libmfx, mfx/mfxvideo.h), the
qsv encoders and decoders are built. You will need the Media SDK, and
you have to build ffmpeg yourself.

Good luck,
(I won't try it myself for the time being)
Moritz