[FFmpeg-user] V210 is a packet format but ffmpeg shows always yuv422p10le (planar?) - or how to read a V210.raw stream with ffmpeg?

Christoph Gerstbauer christophgerstbauer at gmail.com
Thu May 21 10:58:49 CEST 2015

> Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos <at> ag.or.at> writes:
>
>>> ffmpegnew -r 25 -s 720x576 -pix_fmt yuv422p10le -vcodec v210
>>> -i C:\Users\gersti\Desktop\16x9_10bit_720x576_25fps.raw
>> How was this file produced?
> And even more important:
> Which application reads such files?
>
> Carl Eugen
This file was produced by VidChecker. It checks a (e.g.) APPLE PRO RES
10bit files, and corrects it if necessary, and puts the corrected RAW
file out.
I think there is a mainconcept encoder for thsi raw stream implemented
in this software.

No software will read this raw stream without giving it the right input
params.

But the point is not to read THIS raw stream, I mean it generally to
read A raw stream from any source which carriers v210 packet format.
I just needed a represantation raw file to show you my problem.
I need the grab a raw v210 stream from a video capture card to encode it
directly to ffvhuff. That is my usecase.

br
Christoph