[FFmpeg-user] New To FFmpeg streaming question

DopeLabs dopelabs at dubstep.fm
Tue May 26 17:26:51 CEST 2015

your example is writing an mp4 file directly to disk. it is not ‘streaming’ it in real time, even though you are saving it to a web accessible directory, it doesnt quite work that way with mp4’s. the file will only be playable after the file has finished writing. (from my experience at least)…

you might want to look into using something like ffserv or wowza or nimble, or back out via udp if you want to use ffmpeg output for streaming real time.