[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg convert video to audio error

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sat May 30 21:07:37 CEST 2015

Hi Steve,

On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 11:52:33 -0700, steve at theturtleroom.com wrote:

> So, I think my video file actually had an issue. It was showing in
> properties that it was an hour long, but the last half of it was
> corrupted.

Which is what we would probably have seen from inspecting the console
output. That's why we ask for it - it's a debug aid. :-)

> That said, I'm up for learning if this is the 100% correct line to do
> what I want to do. Command line follows.

> ffmpeg -i T:\theTurtleRoom\thePondcast\Episodes\thePondcast-Episode17.mp4 -vn -b:a 128k -c:a libmp3lame T:\theTurtleRoom\thePondcast\Episodes\thePondcast-Episode17.mp3

There's nothing really wrong about that command line, but you didn't
specify exactly what you want to do. Copying the audio into an m4a
using "-c:a copy output_file.m4a" was just as fine, while retaining the
original quality.

Moritz