[FFmpeg-user] Video and audio out of sync after some time

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Nov 2 12:20:19 CET 2015

Hi Nithiwat,

On Sun, Nov 01, 2015 at 09:38:42 +0700, Nithiwat Maneesint wrote:
> then I decode the video to YUV420p and the audio to pcm_s16le in
> Java, then I send the decoded video and audio data (in bytes) to
> ffmpeg via pipe:0 (video) and a udp socket (audio).

> The problem is that, the video has variable FPS, so after a few seconds,

The problem is that you are receiving VFR video, but dropping all
timing information by passing it on as rawvideo, and then interpreting
it as CFR. ffmpeg then has no way to know how to sync audio and video.

Why don't you let ffmpeg demux and decode the VP8+Opus?

Otherwise, you need to find a way to pass your content on properly with
timestamps.

Moritz