[FFmpeg-user] Best way to stream to remote server

Deron deron at pagestream.org
Tue Nov 3 15:49:58 CET 2015

I'm outputting HLS (with a couple different bit rates) to a local drive
for viewing. However, now I need to move it to a remote server with more
bandwidth (but less processing power). I know I can use ftp from within
ffmpeg to save to the remote network drive, and I could also use sshfs
to do it (and would prefer something a bit more secure anyway) but I'm
wondering if anyone has recommendation on most efficient way. Can sshfs
keep up (yes, the bandwidth is not a problem), does ftp cause problems?

Thanks for any thoughts,

Deron