[FFmpeg-user] Specifying Video Stream with V instead of v

Josh Marell macman104 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 20:58:34 CET 2015

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 2:39 AM, Moritz Barsnick <barsnick at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 10:58:16 -0700, Josh Marell wrote:
> > This is precisely my issue. And I didn't know enough about ffmpeg to know
> > if this is some bug or if I am misunderstanding the usage.
>
> At least I have the same understanding from the docs, and think your
> approach is valid.

Good I'm glad to hear that!

> > If it is a bug, I am not entirely sure how to go about getting it
> > reported or confirmed. If I am using this implementation wrong (it
> > does indeed function properly for ffprobe), I'd love to know how to
> > fix it :)
>
> To figure out how it happens, you will have to look at the code and
> maybe add debug info. There's a function in there (somewhere) that
> determines what kind of stream a stream is. Its "pic" result is
> probably being ignored somewhere.
>
> Do you have a small input sample that you could share (with me), so I
> can reproduce the behavior?

I'm very unfamiliar with how to dig into the code so as a personal option
that's not too viable. I did make a decision to submit a bug report (
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5001). I looked at the ticket system and it
seems sometimes reports can go quite a while before they get any attention,
so I'm not sure I'll hold my breath on that resolution in the short term. I
don't know how to cut a file down, so I have a full file available for you
to look at.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/td2ac0obm0cxvtc/BigBa906%20-%20The%20Helium%20Insufficiency.mkv?dl=0

It is about 740MB, if you can provide instruction of how to cut a part of
it that would provide what you need I'm happy to do so, otherwise the full
file is available there for you.

-Josh