[FFmpeg-user] screen capture - small files

Jannes Faber jannes.faber at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 11:00:45 CET 2015

I'm using this, although I'm not going for the smallest output:

$FFMPEG -hide_banner -loglevel warning -video_size ${W:-1280}x${H:-1024} \
 -use_wallclock_as_timestamps 1 -framerate 30 \
 -f x11grab -i :0.0 \
 $ALL_AUDIO_INPUTS \
 $ALL_MAPPINGS \
 -codec:v libx264 -pix_fmt yuv444p -qp 0 -tune stillimage -preset ultrafast
-profile:v high444 \
 -codec:a copy \
 $OUTPUT_FILE

You want to have a look at the -tune and -preset options.

--
Jannes