[FFmpeg-user] Pipe to ffplay when recording: syntax

MrNice wxcvbn2006 at iol.ie
Sun Nov 29 16:37:41 CET 2015

>> I was thinking the answer easy but maybe not.
>>
>> I tried all combinations in this page but didn't succeed
>> http://superuser.com/questions/322216/how-can-i-pipe-output-of-ffmpeg-to-ffplay
>>

>> -f rawvideo - | ffplay -f rawvideo -
>> pipe:1 | ffplay -i -
>> -f matroska - | ffplay -
>> pipe:play | ffplay -i pipe:play
>> and more
>>
>> Is it so difficult to get it?
>
> If you use rawvideo you need to say what it is.
>
> Works for me with a quick desktop grab test -
>
> ffmpeg -f x11grab -r 10 -s 128x128  -i :0.0 -f rawvideo - | ffplay -f
> rawvideo -s 128x128 -pix_fmt bgr0 -

Many thanks
I have to add
-f rawvideo - | ffplay -f rawvideo -video_size 720x576 -pixel_format
yuyv422 -
I spend a lot of time but you saved me.

What is frustrating for me is when I have a fix for one issue, I get
another one :-(
If you could help for this
Understanding stats infos
http://ffmpeg-users.933282.n4.nabble.com/Understanding-stats-infos-td4673249.html