[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg's Dolby Pro Logic feature is leaking center channel into surround channel

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Nov 30 01:48:58 CET 2015

On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 21:36:10 +0100, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Please look at ticket #3455 and this patch:
> http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2014-March/155559.html

Actually, from looking at that thread, I come to the conclusion that
the original poster - who had provided that patch - agreed that his
patch was incorrect, but instead the corrected coefficients need to be
used?
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2014-March/155567.html

(I can't make sense of the -3 dB, -1.2 dB, -6.2 dB values in relation to
the more commonly quoted sqrt(1/2), sqrt(19/25), sqrt(6/25).)

Moritz