[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg - use for mpeg-ts streaming

Ran Shalit ranshalit at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 07:37:45 CEST 2015

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 11:11 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> Ran Shalit <ranshalit <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Do you think that it is better to do it with ffmpeg
>> for the streaming purpose, or better do it with
>> live555 library instead ?
>
> You cut the most important part of my original answer:
>
>> > Fortunately, you can use the ffmpeg executable first
>> > to test if what you want to do works or not before
>> > implementing it in your application.
>
> This should also answer your question on libav-user.

Hi Carl,

Thank you for the suggestion. I intend to try it.
If I may, one more on this issue please.
Is it possible to use ffmpeg with zero buffering in the streaming ?
I ask becuase we are not sure which streaming package(live555 / ffmpeg
muxing) better fits in terms of latency and implementation simplicity.

Best Regards,
Ran