[FFmpeg-user] encrypted red files R3D

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Fri Oct 9 19:37:11 CEST 2015

> 1-confirm that it is impossible with current red footage.

Confirmed.
> 2-where is the point in time / version when that happened.> meaning- if I had older red footage would it work? How old?
Not sure. Years ago.
3- what is the likelyhood that a counter measure could be employed?

I doubt the encryption is that smart, but it's not a very tempting target for a cryptanalysis effort simply because it's not a very big market.
For what it's worth I agree that it's a travesty to encrypt this stuff.