[FFmpeg-user] Transcoding Infrastructure of Youtube

Claudiu Rad jazzman at misalpina.net
Fri Oct 16 16:36:25 CEST 2015

On 10/16/2015 5:10 PM, Israel Junior wrote:
> Hi, guys
>
> But this is valid until today? Both articles are 2011 and 2012.

why don't you ask them? how would we know?
as you saw in the original post, actually it was *observed* by behavior
that they use FFMPEG code. there was no "Hey, I'm Google and I use
FFMPEG to happily convert videos" anywhere.
reverse engineer their video outputs and figure it out like mike did it
back in the days.

personally I expect them to have a mix of FFMPEG, other open source,
proprietary, etc. code in their recipe that is probably constantly changing.

why does it matter?