[FFmpeg-user] appending (or concussing) video on hls

Ricardo Kleemann ricardo at americasnet.com
Mon Oct 19 02:50:33 CEST 2015

Hi,

I have two videos that I wanted to concat together. The end result is have the hls representation of the 2.

I already have one video in hls format, with the m3u8 playlist file and all of the ts files.

I wanted to append/concat a second video to the m3u8 playlist.

Is it possible to tell ffmpeg to simply take new ts segments and append to the m3u8 playlist?

For example I can take the 2nd video and convert to hls segments, would ffmpeg be able to take the additional segments and just append to the m3u8 playlist?

thanks
Ricardo