[FFmpeg-user] How do I concatenate audio files and produce two copies in different formats?

ms ms at alum.mit.edu
Wed Oct 21 17:25:36 CEST 2015

I tried

ffmpeg -i a.mp3 -i b.mp3 -filter_complex concat=n=2:v=0:a=1 c.mp3 c.ogg

but c.mp3 is the concatenated result while c.ogg is a converted copy of
a.mp3

I've tried a bunch of other possibilities, including using asplit, but I
just end up with less than helpful error messages. I've read much of the
extensive ffmpeg documentation, including the filter document, but I don't
think I understand how one connects the various streams that can be created.
Even an explanation of why the above command does what it does would be
helpful.