[FFmpeg-user] seek in playing video?

Mike Versteeg mike at mikeversteeg.com
Fri Oct 23 15:49:34 CEST 2015

I have created a video player using the ffmpeg libraries and that
works fine, but want to know if the same is possible using ffmpeg.exe
and piping, specifically the seeking part. Is it possible to send seek
commands to a running ffmpeg.exe instance? Such a command is not
present in the help but it does show the 'c' command which can be used
to send commands to filters. I cannot find any further documentation
however on how to address filters this way, all examples assuming
command line parameters, nor if a filter can be used to seek in video
at all. Is it somehow possible?

Thanks!

Mike