[FFmpeg-user] Converting a 23.98p source to 29.97i ProRes w/interlaced 3:2 pulldown?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Oct 27 12:03:33 CET 2015

Mel Matsuoka <melmatsuoka <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I had to add the "setfield" filter in order to
> flag the UFF field order in the encoded ProRes
> (Final Cut Pro was still interpreting it as a
> Progressive file, even though the interlacing
> was baked in to the file).

Do you know how this should be flagged correctly?
After all, there are still progressive frames in
the output file: Are they supposed to be flagged
as interlaced or does the intended output contain
frames alternatingly flagged progressive and tff?
I would like to test this with you if possible.

> ffmpeg -i SOURCEFILE.mov -timecode 01:00:00:00

> -vf 'telecine=top:23,setfield=tff'

The way I understand the documentation 2332 should
be superior.

Carl Eugen