[FFmpeg-user] decoding jpeg2000 problem

Marcelo Boufleur mboufleur at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 23:23:51 CEST 2015

> Iirc, ImageMagick does not support xyz, so this is always
> broken.

ImageMagick does support xyz. The correct commad line for XYZ to RGB
conversion can be found here
<http://www.imagemagick.org/discourse-server/viewtopic.php?t=26953>.

I always felt that previous versions of FFmpeg missed the Normalization
Factor for White Point in DCinema (Luminance level 48fL for a Peak of 52.37
cd/m2), not sure about the latest versions.

Also, whenever I attempted to convert MXF DCinema files with XYZ colorspace
into Quicktime ProRes, I always had to apply "colormatrix=bt601:bt709" to
get proper conversion.

Again, this had to be done for previous versions of FFmpeg; and after the
colormatrix conversion, final ProRes would still miss the normalization
Factor.