[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg terminates if input image index > 4

adwait deshpande voojagigveet at yahoo.co.in
Wed Sep 9 20:20:40 CEST 2015

Hi,

Running 'ffmpeg -i %08d.ppm -libx264 -r 30 vid1.mp4' terminates with the
message "Could find no file with path %08d.ppm and index in the range 0-4".
I know that this is caused because the first file that matches the pattern
is 00000552.ppm and that renaming the files so that they start from
00000000.ppm fixes the problem.

I wanted to know if there is a workaround for this without having to
rename it separately from the command prompt and without using
glob matching (I'm running this on a Windows machine).

Also, just to satiate my curiosity, why does this limitation exist?

Thanks.