[FFmpeg-user] GCC 5.1: build errors

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Sep 11 15:13:22 CEST 2015

Am 11.09.2015 um 15:04 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:

>>> I think it can be argued that --extra-cflags
>>> (except -l, -I and -L) are not supported here.
>>
>> and why?
>
> To answer this (valid) question:
> Either your extra-cflags (etc.) are useful, then
> they should be added to our configure script
> (which implies that they get tested by fate and
> are then supported by us) to make sure all users
> profit, or they are not useful in which case you
> should remove them

sorry, that argumentation is nonsense when you build software for a repo
which is supposed to *not* support any other hardware/software
environment which you can only do in a fully virtualized environment
with a defined EVC-Mode on the cluster

you can't add the optimizations to a generic build for others