[FFmpeg-user] GCC 5.1: build errors

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Sep 11 16:27:12 CEST 2015

Am 11.09.2015 um 16:16 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> Reindl Harald <h.reindl <at> thelounge.net> writes:
>
>> %{optflags} comes from the definition below and
>> so that one change  affects by intention *every*
>> package build on this environemnt instead
>> fiddle around in each and every spec file
>
> Debian has removed this from its FFmpeg
> package, please do the same.
> (Or report an issue with our script or
> don't report any issues.)

how does Debian or any binary distribution bother me?

when %{optflags} introduce new security options or change them like from
-fstack-protector to -fstack-protector-strong or -Werror=format-security
ffmpeg has to inherit them like any other software which is the whole
purpose of setup a clean rpmbuild environment