[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg serving to Avisynth

Francois Visagie francois.visagie at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 22:37:03 CEST 2015

Hi,

I hope to reach an expert familiar with both ffmpeg and Avisynth! I’m
looking to perform some processing in ffmpeg, and then to continue in
Avisynth. For a number of reasons, including disk space, I’d like to avoid
intermediate files. Which, if any, of the ffmpeg server protocols are
compatible with Avisynth’s TCPSource() filter, i.e.

TCPSource (string hostname, int "port", string "compression")

Compression can be disabled.

If a suitable ffmpeg server protocol is available, please also indicate what
format to use.

Thanks,

François

François Visagie