[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg serving to Avisynth

Francois Visagie francois.visagie at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 19:27:41 CEST 2015

At a minimum I foresee concatenating input files with it. My current project has 350+ video files. Avisynth cannot work with more than 25 - 35 without crashing. I have not found an Avisynth mechanism for concatenating files that preserves audio.

> And why do you want to
> send it over tcp, if that's what TCPSource reads (not an avisynth user)?

To avoid intermediate storage. Workspace for this project is 2TB. Each additional version of the project is currently ~700GB. Some form of inter-process communication is required to avoid intermediate storage. TCPSource() seems the only type of built-in IPC input Avisynth supports.

> If it's
> just decoding then have a look at ffms2 [1]. It has an avisynth plugin.
>
> [1] https://github.com/FFMS/ffms2

Thanks, I have been using that for other purposes.