[FFmpeg-user] VDR recording - dvd subtitle track not decoded

Richard F lists at keynet-technology.com
Mon Sep 14 12:03:00 CEST 2015

On 13/09/2015 23:02, Henk D. Schoneveld wrote:
> With ProjectX you can remux to a ts file. If all goes well, a valid ts
> as the originals from recording from satellite/cable, it should work
> with ffmpeg. I do the same with files from TV5, although not via the
> VDR route but directly from satellite.
Sadly when I remux in ProjectX, it creates a file with "teletext"
subtitles, and the log says it's throwing away the DVD subtitle track
(reason unknown).

"-> found PES-ID 0xBD (private stream 1) (SubID 0x20)-> ignored @ 2229706"

VLC then plays it, but the teletext subs are blank.

I tried several ways round, the best I can get is to extract
monochromatic DVD subtitles and remux them - out of sync - using ffmpeg.
No so good for processing hundreds of files!