[FFmpeg-user] max bitrate for vob

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 13:32:31 CEST 2015

Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Andy Furniss <adf.lists <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> This one is small and ffmpeg doesn't like it
>>
>> http://ambisonics.dreamhosters.com/AMB/pink_pan_H.amb
>
> Patch sent, thank you for the sample!

Cool, thanks.

.amb is ambisonic, not ambient.

Some of the samples are 24bit though, it doesn't work for those.

http://ambisonic-files.s3.amazonaws.com/JL/bang1.amb

>> mplayer -demuxer lavf will play that, but IIRC from historical
>> testing I had issues
>
> This sounds as if you had tested such samples before?

Yea, some time ago, more from the angle of playing with headphone
HRTFs/UHJ derivatives made from them as I don't have enough
speakers to do ambisonics properly.

There is a thread somewhere, maybe mplayer users, where they have been
discussed - you may have been involved :-)