[FFmpeg-user] Webroot antivius detect virus in ffmpeg

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Wed Sep 16 21:27:01 CEST 2015

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 01:40:35 -0700 (PDT)
ankur456799 <ankur456799 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Webroot detecting virus in ffmpeg... i need help what can i do to fix
> this...
> FFMPEG.EXE, System.Monitor.Spyrix.Keylogger,
> %programfiles%\mangoapps\tinytake by mangoapps\,
> http://snup.webrootcloudav.com/SkyStoreFileUploader/upload.aspx?MD5=2E9651C1079A2E0FA755C5DAEE2B52EA
> 2E9651C1079A2E0FA755C5DAEE2B52EA, 13 days 20 hours 9 mins 3 secs
>
> Answer from webroot support: -
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for contacting Webroot Support.
>
> After further review, we have decided not to reverse the detection of the
> System Monitor that is installed on your computer.
>
> While this may be a legitimate program, it can be used for malicious intent.
> This is why we are going to keep detecting it.

That's a lazy, stupid answer (by them, not you). Ask them for detailed
specifics. FFmpeg takes security very seriously.

Just about anything can be used "for malicious intent", so they should
detect everything as malicious, including Webroot.

Personally, I would uninstall Webroot. Problem solved.