[FFmpeg-user] Video lose quality after insert overlay images on video..

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Sep 23 19:12:29 CEST 2015

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 02:20:15 -0700, ankur456799 wrote:
> quality.. Means its not so much bad quality, but it's not as original
> video...

You are very vague, we can't see HOW much loss in quality you are
observing.

> -c:v libx264 -crf 18 output.mp4

You are using a lossy codec, so you will _always_ have some quality
degredation - there is by definition no way you can achieve the
identical quality as the original. You can only ever achieve _nearly_ the same quality, albeit
possibly very close to the original.

As Paul wrote, we need to see the command line and complete, uncut
console output.

Moritz