[FFmpeg-user] DVB subtitles there but not viewable

Mike Brown brown at mrvideo.vidiot.com
Sat Sep 26 11:08:31 CEST 2015

Here is the situation: the source is a BBC video from freeview, which has
AAC audio, specifically AAC 6.0.  I prefer AC3 5.1

So, here is the CLI:

ffmpeg -i inputfile.ts -map 0:0 vcodec copy -map 0:1 -acodec ac3 -ab 640 \
-map 0:2 -scodec copy outputfile.ts

When I look at the output file with mediainfo, it shows the subtitles being
there.  Even VLC gives me the option to select the DVB subtitles, but nothing
shows up on the screen.

To make sure that VLC can indeed display the subtitles, I played the source
file and all was well.

Any clues as to why the subtitle will not display?

Thanks.

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot at vidiot.com | vidiot at vidiot.net            /~\ The ASCII