[FFmpeg-user] DVB subtitles there but not viewable

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sat Sep 26 14:40:20 CEST 2015

On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 05:12:38 -0500, Mike Brown wrote:
> I just noticed that I am really, really, out-of-date.  I've normally only
> been using it to extract pcm audio from a TS stream and haven't dealt with
> subtitles before.

Congratulations and kudos to you and a warning to all others who think
using an old version doesn't matter for their issues. Fixes do happen.
;-)

> I just upgraded to the latest build and all is well.  VLC likes displaying
> the subtitles now.

You're using only VLC to play the result?

My PVR (or call it STB) likes neither AC-3 nor dvb_subtitles when muxed
by ffmpeg into an MPEG-TS, while it handles those from the satellite
just fine. That's probably not ffmpeg's fault though. ;-) (Though I'd
love to know the differences in the TSs. Or is it in the EITs?)

Moritz