[FFmpeg-user] Minimum Hardware

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Apr 6 17:01:17 CEST 2016

On Wed, Apr 06, 2016 at 11:23:50 +0200, Francesco Turco wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 6, 2016, at 10:13, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > FFmpeg neither supports vp9 nor x265 encoding so I don't
> > think your question is FFmpeg-related.
>
> Are you sure? I'm using the vp9 codec with ffmpeg without any problems
> (except it being very slow...)

I *think* what Carl Eugen meant was: Since vp9 and x265 are external
codecs, and their performance, their tuning parameters, their latency
are all basically aspects of those codec implementations, there's
nothing ffmpeg-specific about their performance on your hardware and
their tuning for lower latency. In other words, those topics may have a
better place for discussion (or are already being discussed in other
places). Not that it's not worth asking here...

Moritz