[FFmpeg-user] Segment sound to multiple Waveform images

Bouke (VideoToolShed) bouke at videotoolshed.com
Tue Apr 12 00:31:58 CEST 2016

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carl Eugen Hoyos" <cehoyos at ag.or.at>
To: <ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 1:42 PM
Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-user] Segment sound to multiple Waveform images

> Bouke (VideoToolShed <bouke <at> videotoolshed.com> writes:
>
>> ffmpeg.exe -i K:\test\test.wav -f segment -segment_time 8 -filter_complex
>> "aformat=channel_layouts=mono,compand,showwavespic=s=640x120"
>> -f image2 K:\test\test_%03d.png
>>
>> However, this gives me just one file, showing the entire
>> duration of the sound clip. What am I missing here?
>
> I didn't test but it seems there are two different filters
> with similar names: Maybe try showwaves?

Hi Carl,
Tried that, showwaves has a way of setting the FPS, so with that the whole
segment is defeated.
That would not be bad, but sadly, the resolution is so low that with large
segments (I need app. 23 seconds), the image stays blank...
(and fps and resolution are not to be combined according to the docs..)

Bouke