[FFmpeg-user] libtheora, libmp3lame, vidstab, libvorbis, and libxvid not found on OS X

Rodrigo Polo rodrigo.polo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 14:37:15 CEST 2016

Hi, I follow the guide you have here to compile FFmpeg on OS X:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/MacOSX

I'm currenlty using the latest OS X and Xcode versions, here is a list of
the
software installed:

OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.4 (15E65)
Xcode Version 7.3 (7D175)
Homebrew 0.9.9 (git revision a8ed; last commit 2016-04-13)
Homebrew/homebrew-core (git revision a228; last commit 2016-04-13)

I used Homebrew to install all FFmpeg dependencies:

brew install \
automake \
fdk-aac \
git \
lame \
libass \
libtool \
libvorbis \
libvpx \
opus \
sdl \
shtool \
texi2html \
theora \
wget \
x264 \
xvid \
yasm

The versions of those dependencies are the followin:
automake 1.1515
fdk-aac 0.1.4
git 2.8.1
lame 3.99.5
libass 0.13.2
libtool 2.4.6
libvorbis 1.3.5
libvpx 1.5.0
opus 1.1.2
sdl 1.2.15
shtool 2.0.8
texi2html 5.0
theora 1.1.1
wget 1.17.1
x264 r2601
xvid 1.3.4
yasm 1.3.0

I use the following command to configure:
./configure \
--prefix=/usr/local \
--enable-gpl \
--enable-nonfree \
--enable-libass \
--enable-libfdk-aac \
--enable-libfreetype \
--enable-libopus \
--enable-libvpx \
--enable-libx264 \
--enable-libx265 \
--enable-libmp3lame \
--enable-libtheora \
--enable-libvidstab \
--enable-libvorbis \
--enable-libxvid

And after some trial and error, I removed the following libraries because
of
the following errors:

--enable-libmp3lame \
--enable-libtheora \
--enable-libvidstab \
--enable-libvorbis \
--enable-libxvid

ERROR: libtheora not found
ERROR: libmp3lame >= 3.98.3 not found
ERROR: vidstab not found using pkg-config
ERROR: libvorbis not found
ERROR: libxvid not found

So the final config command is:

./configure \
--prefix=/usr/local \
--enable-gpl \
--enable-nonfree \
--enable-libass \
--enable-libfdk-aac \
--enable-libfreetype \
--enable-libopus \
--enable-libvpx \
--enable-libx264 \
--enable-libx265

I search all over the internet what could be the issue, bit I don't find any
solution, I already linked and unlinked, I ran brew doctor and I double
check
everything is right.

I could send the config log error file, but it looks something else is
happening here.

What could be the problem?

Thanks a lot.

--