[FFmpeg-user] libtheora, libmp3lame, vidstab, libvorbis, and libxvid not found on OS X

Rodrigo Polo rodrigo.polo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 04:13:44 CEST 2016

I used the full config command with all the libs, I got the following error:
ERROR: libtheora not found

So I removed the flag for that codec and retry to run the config command, I got the following error:
ERROR: libmp3lame >= 3.98.3 not found

So I removed the flag from the config command and retry, I got the following error:
ERROR: vidstab not found using pkg-config

So I removed the flag from the config command and retry, I got the following error:
ERROR: libvorbis not found

So I removed the flag from the config command and retry, I got the following error:
ERROR: libxvid not found

After removing the flags of those exact libs/codecs I finally got config to run correctly, all libs/codec give almost the same message error, I looked up online for some help, in stack overflow, in the official ffmpeg site, everywhere, some of the proposed solutions was to unlink and link the libraries back, to check home brew with the Doctor flag, I did all of it and after all I got the same results, which means that using a brand new installation of OS X, Xcode and Home Brew doesn't guarantee that the guide for manually compiling ffmpeg with those libraries work… I'm compiling manually because I'm trying an special patch to the video filters, it works great without those libs but I need those extra codecs.

You can replicate the issue having the latest versions of OS X, Xcode, Home Brew and following the ffmpeg compilation guise from ffmpeg official site.

Sent from my iPhone