[FFmpeg-user] best settings for hls?

Chovy chovy at protonmail.ch
Sat Apr 16 10:38:53 CEST 2016

I've added the following flags, but I don't know if they are optimal or what I should be considering to make them optimal.

ffmpeg -re -y -threads 8 -i <source-url> -bufsize 10 -hls_time 10 -hls_list_size 10 -hls_wrap 10 -hls_flags delete_segments -hls_segment_filename video%03d.ts -c copy index.m3u8

Apple says 10 files with 2 second clips is their recommendation I believe. But when I did this it was constantly buffering from the server.

Is there anything I can be doing to improve the quality of the HLS stream I'm producing? (ie: keep lagginess or buffering to a minimum)

-- chovy