[FFmpeg-user] Issue on static linking of schroedinger-1.0

桃源老師 xanadu6291 at dream.jp
Sun Apr 17 18:24:07 CEST 2016

> 2016/04/18 0:54A.M. Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos <at> ag.or.at> wrote:
>
> 桃源老師 <xanadu6291 <at> dream.jp> writes:
>
>> I'm trying to enable libschroedinger to ffmpeg.
>
> Note that FFmpeg nowadays contains a native (intra-only)
> dirac encoder.

Sorry, again I am lack of studying.  I just find out libschroedinger at http://evermeet.cx/ffmpeg/
Do you mean current ffmpeg does not need libschroedinger?

>> When I configure ffmpeg with the following command:
>>
>> $ ./configure --prefix=${TARGET} --pkg-config-flags=--static
>> --disable-ffserver --enable-gpl --enable-version3
>> --enable-nonfree --enable-libschroedinger
>
> (note that --enable-nonfree only has unwanted effects in this
> configure line.)

OK. Just a minimum test.  I have mis-copied...

> Iirc, libschroedinger has very specific needs from other
> libraries, try --extra-ldflags=-lorc

It failed with "C compiler test failed."

> Sorry, ignore this - it is unneeded.

Yes, I ignore it.

>>> Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
>>>  "__schro_decode_prediction_only", referenced from:
>>>  _schro_init in libschroedinger-1.0.a(libschroedinger_1.0_la-schro.o)
>>>  "__schro_telemetry", referenced from:
>>>  _schro_init in libschroedinger-1.0.a(libschroedinger_1.0_la-schro.o)
>>
>> Otoh, both missing symbols are part of the libschroedinger
>> library file here.
>
> Something seems to have gone wrong with you schroedinger
> compilation.

That's a bit funny.  The reason is that I can build ffmpeg with dynamic library of libschroedinger.
It means static library of libschroedinger only broken?

Best Regards,

// Miya aka. TougenRoushi