[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg development

PSPunch shima at pspunch.com
Tue Apr 19 07:42:57 CEST 2016

On 2016/04/18 22:37, Moritz Barsnick wrote:
>>      http://bs1770gain.sourceforge.net/
> ffmpeg's "ebur128" filter handles a subset of this, apparently. I'm
> sure it would appreciate some additional algorithms. Patch welcome. ;-)

(Again, to my understanding) the two standards on loudness monitoring
"BS1770-rev3" and "EBU R128" point to the same standard. Just like
"H.264" and "MPEG4-Part10" pointing to the same thing.

It is nice to know that FFmpeg has EBU R128 already implemented as a filter.
However, from what I read this filter is for analysis only, which makes
since because the loudness is measured by parsing the entire program.
To apply the appropriate gain according to analysis results, you will
still need two passes, I think.

> I'm not aware of that option (ffmpeg doesn't even support double-dash
> options?), but you can use the "volume" audio filter:
>    [...] -af volume="7.3 dB" [...]
> or something like that.

This is my bad.. that was the option I use for the player side of my
system... sorry  :p

--
David Shimamoto