[FFmpeg-user] why hls_list_size can't function correctly

qw applemax82 at 163.com
Fri Apr 22 14:02:20 CEST 2016

test.m3u8 and testxx.ts are output files. And the number of ts files can't be limited by the option of 'hls_list_size'. I guess the latest version of ffmpeg has the same problem.

If '-hls_wrap' is used and set to the same value as '-hls_list_size', the number of output ts files is correct.

Its description is
  -hls_wrap          <int>        E....... set number after which the index wraps (from 0 to INT_MAX) (default 0)

Why I should set both hls_wrap and hls_list_size to limit the number of ts files?