[FFmpeg-user] Convert Mjpeg format to Avi format

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Apr 26 17:52:30 CEST 2016

Ana <analucero13 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I have a video that is a M4V format but when I put it in MediaInfo
> it indicates it is a JPEG format.

The relevant point here is that FFmpeg indicates it is a mjpeg file.

> So from that I understand it is a MJPEG format.

Yes.

> I am trying to convert it to an AVI format. I have used these
> two codes:
>
> 1. ffmpeg -i mjpeg -vcodec copy out.avi
> 2. ffmpeg -i input -vcodec mjpeg out.avi

mjpeg files do not have a specified fps value / it is not
specified how fast they should be played, you have to use
the input parameter -r:
$ ffmpeg -r 10 -i input.m4v -vcodec copy out.avi

Please do not use screenshots on this mailing list, copy
the console output into your email.

Carl Eugen