[FFmpeg-user] Some guidence on finding this problem.

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 14:52:04 EEST 2016

Hi!

>>please remember that using
>>external libraries to report issues that are reproducible with
>>internal decoders and encoders

>>- for example ffmpeg -i input -qscale 2 out.avi - just makes
>
> FAILS AS WELL

Yes, and it is much clearer that this is a decoding issue than with your
more complicated command line that uses an external library (remember
that on my system, I will most likely have another version of x265 installed).

> Peay tell us underlings which encoders you believe are better, or is it a secret

No, as I tried to explain above mpeg4 (the default encoder for avi) makes
reproducing bug reports much easier.
Don't you agree?

Carl Eugen