[FFmpeg-user] numerous bugs-80117-N gdac030d version

Peter White peter.white at posteo.net
Sat Aug 6 00:07:22 EEST 2016

Am 05.08.2016 um 22:29 schrieb juan carlos Rebate:

>> juan carlos Rebate wrote:

>>> Full uncut ffmpeg output missing.
>>>>

>>> no text in the mail
>>>

>> Oh, there is text. Did you just choose to not see/read it? You should
>> provide the full, simplified command and its output. Simplified means
>> that you should provide a command line that is just enough to
>> demonstrate the bug. Remove all options that are irrelevant to
>> triggering it.
>>
> no errors, the problem esque I do not get the results indicated

Doesn't mean the requested information is not important. And did you
not say you got an error when trying -ar 44100? Anyway, have a look at
this:
https://ffmpeg.org/bugreports.html

The devil is in the details. We don't even know the exact command line
you used. Also, did you check with the latest version?
I am sorry to say this, but so far your information is rather sparse
and I doubt anyone is inclined to fix a bug that is not even properly
reported. It might even be there is no bug. Off the top of my head I
seem to remember that rate control in 1-pass mode is rather difficult,
for one. I might be wrong there, though. But others could provide a more
qualified comment, given more information.

$ ffmpeg -i input -ar 44100 output.avi

does work with current git master. So that seems to be fixed. Or there
is something I cannot reproduce since you did not provide your command
line and output. The output might contain some minute details about
your input file.
See, plenty of reason to provide the information asked for. :)

And please, don't use full quotes. You even quoted the list signature?!
Please only quote the relevant parts and reply inline. What you did is
only marginally better than top-posting, to put it mildly. ;)