[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg hangs when encoding rtmp input stream

Reuben Martin reuben.m at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 04:18:10 EEST 2016

On Monday, August 15, 2016 4:06:52 PM CDT Junior wrote:
> Do you know what is the recommended (more stable) version of nginx and
> nginx_rtmp to work with for a production environment?

There really is no “recommendation” other than test it out and see if it works
for you.

I’m currently using bleending edge nginx (1.11.3) with the module from Segey’s
dev branch without any issues. But I’m only pushing out RTMP. I’m not serving
up any HLS or DASH. That said, the dev branch is probably in better shape for
those feautres anyway. This is using Gentoo systems, so there may be other
factors that influence stability of Nginx between different distributions.

The one minor issue I’ve encountered is that if you have a push address
defined in the settings, and during the boot process when nginx is started up,
if it is unable to resolve those addresses it will fail to load. This happens
for me 99% of the time and I just have to restart it once the OS has obtained
an IP address and a DNS resolver address. There’s probably an "ip address
obtained" target or something similar I could set the service to wait for, but
I havn’t bothered to try messing with it since I already know what is causing
the problem.

-Reuben