[FFmpeg-user] VLS - ffmpeg which can stream better

Peter White peter.white at posteo.net
Sun Aug 21 11:03:19 EEST 2016

Hi!

20.08.2016 16:43, Moritz Barsnick:
> Hi Jens,
>
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 17:23:03 +0200, Jens Kallup wrote:
>
> What is VLS?

That'd be the VideoLAN Server, I guess. It used to be kind of the
counterpart of VLC, the client. Maybe it still is, but its use seems to
be discouraged:
https://www.videolan.org/vlc/streaming.html

>> Is it possible to include branding mark into ffmpeg?
>
> If you mean into the stream, then yes. You would do it by overlaying an
> image, which can be (semi-)transparent, i.e. with an alpha-channel.
> https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#overlay-1

Or, you can use the drawtext filter, Jens. You weren't clear on which
kind of branding. This filter simply overlays the video with text.

Also, I am with Moritz on the VLC/VLS specific questions. You'll get
better answers on their respective mailing lists.

Best,
Peter