[FFmpeg-user] Predicting Transcoding Parameters

Francois Visagie francois.visagie at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 11:47:29 EEST 2016

There are many parameters and most are interdependent. To "predict" some you may need to specify many.

E.g. h264levl.bat at this link (https://www.dropbox.com/s/notf94wyt1r0rmk/H264_level_and_maxref.rar?dl=0):
"for given encoding parameters, calculate H.264 level, maxDPB and maximum x264 --ref".

It may be of use, if only to illustrate the difficulty of the problem ;-).